Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Goodbye from Terry

First, I wasn't able to participate in my husband's wonderful blog (my Fulbright projects seemed to grow exponentially) but he didn't need any help, it was great. David was the backbone of this endeavor, supporting me every step of the way, beginning with my desire to return to school in retirement. David took care of so many details (apartment, transportation, establishing advance ties with Jordanians, ensuring car and house and mail could be left without worry, and more). Few spouses would support what I did, relocating us to a different state to attend school. David did double duty in the support department when emotionally the going got tough (and it did). I don't think words in a blog can adequately thank my husband but I hope this is a start. Second, thank you for hundreds of supportive emails. We received email from all over the world, and loved it. We respond to every email, including those asking about Fulbright programs, so keep them coming. Third, the baton passed to the next Fulbright Scholars, and David and I hope to meet you in Washington, D.C. (we were recommended to represent alumni at the pre-departure orientation). Finally, profound gratitude and thank you to the Fulbright Scholar Program (the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs) and the Jordanian-American Binational Commission. Thank you for the privilege of being a goodwill ambassador for my country, a responsibility I did not take lightly. My husband and I will be nostalgic forever about our time in the Middle East, a place as intoxicating as it is intense. I close with warmest wishes and prayers for Peace on Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Post It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writting Style Is Very Nice And Please Give Me More Information For Printing T-Shirts
    embroidery printing clothing company

    ReplyDelete